The De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute (DLSMHSI) College of Medicine (CM) celebrated its 40th Founding Anniversary with the theme “RUBY: Revisiting the Past, Understanding the Present, and Building More Years of Excellence” at Okada Grand Ballroom Pasay City, Philippines last February 23, 2020.
After forty years of excellence in service and in the academe, molding individuals to become highly respected medical pract i t ioners, researchers, innovators, policy makers and educators, it was a night of renewing friendship, rekindling memories, and celebrating the success and commitment to service. The event was attended by 900 alumni, from its pioneering Batch 1983 up to the most recent batch of 2019. Moreover, The DLSMHSI-CM and DLSHSI Alumni Association - CM Chapter conferred awards to the outstanding alumni in their respective fields.
- Most Outstanding Alumni-Community Service (Batch 1983) - Dr. Jasmine Mercene Eugenio, MD
- Most Outstanding Alumni-Health Professions Education (Batch 1984) - Dr. Hilda Dina Gonzales, MD
- Most Outstanding Alumni-Health Care Management (Batch 1983) - Dr. Madeleine De Rosas-Valera, MD
- Most Outstanding Alumni-Clinical Health Professions (Batch 1992) - Dr. Nannette Ramos Rey, MD
- Most Outstanding Alumni-Research (Batch 1996) - Dr. Raul V. Destura, MD
The dean of the College of Medicine, Dr. Madeleine Grace M. Sosa, MD, led the anniversary celebration program with sumptuous food, a dance number from the students and special guest performers Mr. Dindong Avanzado and Ms. Jessa Zaragoza.
We are all looking forward to forty years and beyond of excellent Lasallian healthcare service.
Animo La Salle! (Text & Photos: Br. Dan Sanding FSC)